Sunday, July 25, 2010

on baby pictures

I can't remember what the kids looked like when they were babies.
Well, I can - but when I do I realize that the image I'm bringing to mind is a picture that I've seen, not actually a live memory - if that makes sense.
What did people do before pictures?
Have better memories?
Memory space wasn't filled with "memories" of picture images?
I remember thinking when Ark Boy was a couple months old that I couldn't wait to see what he would look like at 2years old - never mind as an adult (which by the way he says he'll never be. He's just going to be "a big kid... not a grown up"). I could never have imagined newborn Ark Boy looking like 4 year old Ark Boy.
Or newborn Farm Girl looking like 2 year old Farm Girl.
Maybe this is just my way of saying: wow! they've changed/grown a lot in a short period of time!
And then I know I'm getting old ;)

 


 

No comments: