Friday, July 6, 2012

Dear Noah 6years 2mos

Dear Noah,
What a whirlwind month! I can't believe it's time for another letter. I feel like I've barely seen you all month! We've been to two new friend's birthday parties, the beach (where you were VERY concerned that every pebble was a crab ... that's what happens when your beach experience is limited to the ocean ;) ), Parc Safari'd it a few times, had friends up for a week, held a big fun party, had new ducklings arrive, etc, etc. Busy, busy, busy. And you're in the middle of it all.

 

Except when you want "thinking time" which typically happens for an hour or two after you wake up. But when our friends were over for the week you were up early, early. You didn't want to miss one single minute while they were here. And in the end, when we were giving hugs goodbye, you held on extra long to your friend and buried your teary eyes right into his belly. As the van rolled away and our friends honked, you turned into me to cry. We had some snuggle time on the couch and read for a little while before you were off again, doing your own thing.

 

I feel like days go by where I don't see you! You're busy. I'm busy. We're not usually busy doing the same thing. Every day I'm trying to slow down because you're growing faster and faster all the time. And suddenly it's night time again and I realize I've missed another day.

You tend to play with your sister all day every day with a few "I'm never playing with you again!"'s thrown in just so we know you're normal. After our friends left it was like you figured out how to wind your sister tight. So that's new. And more of the normal, I'm thinking.

 


I love you, Big Man. I think I need to track you down for some reading/talking/snuggling before this day is gone too fast too.

Mommy

No comments: