Thursday, December 9, 2010

Our Life

I know, I know - in the last Our Life post some people had great sympathy for Anthony's mom.
Around that time someone also accused me of having a clean house all the time based on pictures on the blog.
Someone else recently asked how we keep our house so clean day-to-day.
I laughed.
But she was serious.
I offered to bring her to our house that second.
It's not clean.
I try.
But I get discouraged.
Very discouraged.
Lately our life has been feeling quite out of control.
So the kids (especially a certain little boy) has been more wild than normal.
It kind of shocks me and I don't know what to do about it.
The crazy.
It often involves encouraging a certain sister to do crazy things.
But just as often it just involves a boy who can't seem to settle on anything - he runs from place to place, touching, ripping, yelling.
But then I check in with myself.
I've got the frantic crazy going on now too.

So our life isn't all fingerpainting with neighbors and chasing chickens.
It's also retrieving a portion of our collection of cds...

 


... and all of the toy animals ....

 


... from the fish tank and rinsing them off after they've gone for yet another swim in the fish tank.
This is not the first time this has happened - that random items get shoved into the fish tank. Last time a bath towel was involved as well as a couch cushion.

No comments: