Thursday, July 29, 2010

Making hula hoops -- literally!

I recently discovered maya*made and - well, wow!
She posted a link to this canopy and then to how to make your own hula hoops.

 

all of our supplies laid out on the fort (aka our dining room table).

 

enthusiastic hula-hoopers turned enthusiastic snackers

 

Piece of hoop-to-be cut to size

 

and hoop completed.
I am pretty excited about canopy potential (which involves sewing because the stash we have of fabric needs some piecing together to form long enough canopy-ness) but Ark Boy and Farm Girl are thrilled by the hula hoop.
I'm excited about the potential of multiple canopy forts (you can only buy the black pvc in so small a portion - so I think we have enough to make eight more hoops - yes EIGHT!).
And bonus - I'm a way better hula-hooper than I am a monkey-bar navigator. No, it's not saying much but I'm pretty proud ;p

No comments: