Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mystic Day trip

My mom bought a car.
Not just any car... a must-drive-on-and-on-and-on type of car that demands a road trip.
She's approaching 50 and so people are asking if this is a midlife crisis.
No, it is not.
At least I don't think so.
Just a I-can-finally-afford-the-car-I've-been-drooling-over-for-the-last-decade and then some type of situation.
So she and my dad took a road trip.
Am I jealous?
Yes, definitely.
Lancaster, PA and Joel Salatin's Farm were just a few of the highlights.
We met them for their last day of road-tripping in Mystic, CT.
It's on the "Must-do-before-we-move" list.
Mystic Pizza and the Seaport were our activities of choice.
Hot hot day but oh so much fun to spend time with the much missed parents while visiting the Seaport and eating the delicious pizza at Mystic Pizza.

 


And since the beach was a short ride away and on our way home we stopped...
The kids LOVE the beach. It had cooled off considerably and was cooler just because we were at the beach... the kids (and Josh) didn't seem to notice. Both kids had tripped in to the sand ending in full body splats or got face fulls of water from waves and I expected upset every time...
and every time they came up laughing!

 

1 comment:

librarian pirate said...

This looks like so much fun! I want to try Mystic Pizza sometime.