Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mother Earth News

 

Mother Earth News
I love this publication.
It was fun to discover when we were in Providence.
I'm not sure how I stumbled across it.
I happened to mention it to my dad as this great resource I found.
He said he's been subscribing on and off since the '70s.

So now he brings us the latest issue whenever he's done with one (pretty much every time we see him).
I love this publication.
Have I said that already?

Every issue is incredible - cover-to-cover.
I have a random issue next to me with cover stories like:

Build an Easy Hoop House to Grow More Food (very excited about this - won't work with our snow load, but still exciting to read about)
How to Get the Best Firewood for Clean Energy (yay for wood heat and some wooded acres that need thinning!)
Five Low Cost Outdoor Root Cellars (my dad is more excited about this than me because I'm hoping we can use the basement as a root cellar and not have to dig through snow to find our diy root cellar)
Create Better Soil with Cover Crops
The Astonishing Story of Real Milk

All exciting stuff combined with a joint interest with my dad is pretty awesome.
Ren Man purchased a dvd of 40 years of lots of Mother Earth News goodness.
This publication has been vital in our day to day life as we did as much "farming" as we could in our urban rental - how much more so now that we're farming "for real".

What's your favorite farming-related magazine?

No comments: